Dingle Surf School
Dingle Surf School is the only dedicated surf school in Dingle town. We are the experts at introducing people to the exhilarating sport of surfing here in County Kerry, Ireland.
Using our FREE “surf-bus” we will pick you up from the Dingle Surf Shop and take you north on The Wild Atlantic Way where you will experience the breathtaking Conor Pass, the highest mountain road in Ireland. Its a must see for any visitor to the area.
From there we head to the beautiful Kilcummin Strand at the foothills of Mount Brandon. Kilcummin has perfect waves for beginners and children, with unparalleled consistency and unbeatable safety.
“This has been the BEST part of our Ireland holiday” Cathy Wafford
Dingle Surf School is fully insured and we only use friendly, qualified, Irish Surf Association approved local surf instructors and beach lifeguards. We are proud to be a Billabong Surf School which means we use only top-of-the-line equipment at the safest beaches in Kerry.
Beginner surf lessons, kids surf camps and stag & hen party packages run daily and we cater for kids and adults of all surf and fitness levels. Each lesson lasts approximately 3 hours and includes your free return trip to the beach, a general beach safety course, full instruction both in and out of the water and the hire of your board and wetsuit.
The combination of excitement, the idyllic Kerry surroundings and the satisfaction of catching your first few waves will ensure that you’ll have an unforgettable experience with us here at Dingle Surf School on the west coast of Ireland.
|Kids (Age 8-17)||€25|
|Family package (2 Adults + 2 Kids)||€100|
For enquiries please call +353669150833 or email us here.
- Daily at 9.30am, and 1pm in peak season. (Flexible sessions times may be available so just ask)*
- Bookings are essential
- Please arrive at Dingle Surf Shop 5min prior to your surf lesson starting
- All the equipment you need: surfboard, 5mm wetsuit & booties
- Transport to and from Dingle to the beach
- ISA approval and insurance
- Super friendly and qualified surf instructors who spend the whole lesson with you in and out of the water
- 8:1 Student/Instructor ratio
- An introduction to surfing covering basic beach safety, equipment overview and an introduction to surfing technique. If you’ve already covered the basics, we’ll tailor the session to suit your needs
- Minimum of 1.5 hours of supervised surfing
- Allow 3 hours from start to finish
What to bring
- Your swimming costume, a towel & sunscreen – if you’re lucky!
We pride ourselves on safety and accreditation, offering only the most professional surf lessons & coaching sessions. We use dedicated small student/instructor ratios that keep safety as our top priority and ensures that you get expert tuition throughout your lesson. We are all about QUALITY not quantity.
* Weather permitting. Minimum numbers required. Call ahead to find the best time. Read our FAQs for more info. NOTE: We like to take photographs of our surf lessons in action. These photos may be used on our website, in our literature or on our social media. If you would prefer not to have your photo taken, that’s no problem just let us know.